[CMake] Cmake + Cosmic Compiler

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Mon Feb 28 15:33:43 EST 2011

On Monday 28 February 2011, MS wrote:
> [...]

Interesting.
And the input files for the xgate compiler are also plain C  files ?

In general, using different compilers for the same language is not supported
by cmake, or using compilers for different architectures within one build
tree.

You can probably work around that by defining your xgate-input files as a
different language. If they have the same extension (i.e. .c) I think you can
use set_source_files_properties() to override the language of a source file.

<hack>
Since you don't have support for C++ in your projects, maybe you could define
the C++ support for the xgate compiler ?
I.e. set up the CXX variables so that they work for the xgate stuff, and mark
the xgate input files via set_source_files_properties() to CXX ?
</hack>

> > Linking is done via the CMAKE_C_LINK_EXECUTABLE variable (see the files
> > in Modules/ for it is set for the currently supported compilers).
> > I.e. you can basically set this to whatever you want, including checking
> > for a
> > CMAKE_LINKER and use that one.
> >
> > Alex
>
> what about ABI determination in this case. Is it supported on Generic
> systems?

Would have to check...
I think you'll see when you try :-)
What do you need it for ?