[CMake] FindThreads - CMAKE_USE_PTHREADS_INIT not being set properly

William Clifford william.clifford.mit at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 17:01:47 EST 2011

Not sure if this is an issue that was corrected, as I am working with
cmake 2.8.1, but I'm having some issues with FindThreads. I know that
pthreads is installed on the system. If I use:

# snip --- snip --- snip --- snip

include ( CheckIncludeFiles )
include ( CheckLibraryExists )

check_include_files ( "pthread.h" HAVE_PTHREAD_H )
check_library_exists ( pthread pthread_create "" HAVE_PTHREAD_LIB )

#snip --- snip --- snip --- snip

both HAVE_PTHREAD_H and HAVE_PTHREAD_LIB are set to TRUE. However, if
I use FindThreads, CMAKE_USE_PTHREADS_INIT remains unset, as do the
other CMAKE_*_INIT variables defined therein.

Is there something that I'm missing here and just too much a cmake
noob to see it?

Thanks

--
William M. Clifford, M.I.T.