[CMake] using svn credentials inside ctest script

John Beuving johnbeuving at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 03:34:46 EST 2011

Hi,

I faced the same problem with our setup. The workaround is probably a
good way to actually do the job.
However the CTEST_UPDATE_SVN_OPTIONS do work and provide extra
information in the svn update command.
The problem is that when you don't have SVN credentials cached,
credentials are asked for the svn info command:

     svn info --xml -v -r4844

Which is called from cmCTestSVN::LoadRevisions, and this command doesn't
allow any optional parameters.
This means that when there are no credentials in the svn cache, this is
the place where the credentials have to be entered.

The CTEST_UPDATE_COMMAND is however used as the 'CommandLineTool' for
all calls to svn (in this case).
So a good workaround is to use a script that delegates the --username
and --password to the svn command.

The svn credentials can be stored encrypted on disk and also the svn
case has limited read write permission.

John

The problem is that the Cmake SVN update