[CMake] FIND_PATH issue in FindQt4.cmake

Harinarayan Krishnan hkrishnan at lbl.gov
Mon Feb 14 17:27:11 EST 2011

Hi All,

I was trying to build the VisIt software package on my Mac OSX 1.5 . This
package uses Qt 4.6.1 during its build. I ran into an issue where the QtCore
path finds my globally installed version of Qt (4.7) as apposed to the Qt
(4.6.1).

While digging around I found that FIND_PATH (code included below) in
FindQt4.cmake is pulling information from the system path and assigning this
value to the QT_QTCORE_INCLUDE_DIR. This is causing a build failure where
the rest of the QT headers are using 4.6.1 and QtCore is using version 4.7.

The value in ${qt_headers} points to the correct 4.6.1 location yet
FIND_PATH does not use this parameter. Any ideas?

     _qt4_query_qmake(QT_INSTALL_HEADERS qt_headers)
     SET(QT_QTCORE_INCLUDE_DIR NOTFOUND)
     FIND_PATH(QT_QTCORE_INCLUDE_DIR QtCore
               HINTS ${qt_headers}
               ${QT_LIBRARY_DIR}/QtCore.framework/Headers
               PATH_SUFFIXES QtCore
       )

Thanks,
Hari