[CMake] Cross compilation question

Steven Wilson steven.wesley.wilson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 12:16:24 EST 2011

My apologies if this question has been asked and answered previously.    I
have a CMake system that I use for cross compilation for iOS software (ie
reset CMAKE_C_COMPILER, etc...).   Everything works great, except for the
following usage scenario:

1. configure build system for iOS build.
2. build
3. developer updates one of the CMakeLists.txt files for the system.
3. try to build again.

At this point CMake has to re-configure/re-generate the build system, but
when it does, it prints out a message stating that the the C compilers have
changed and then tries to reconfigure the system with default settings for
the compilers, compiler flags, linker flags, etc...

I need to know how to force CMake to not try and switch back to the default
compilers, et al and instead use the settings that were used when the system
was first configured and generated.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve