[CMake] CPACK- NSIS Check if application is running

mervin mervinanand at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 11:58:51 EST 2011

I am using CPACK - NSIS to generate my installer.
When am trying to re-install my app on an existing installation it installs.
But, when the app is running am not able to install it (the windows OS gives
me some error). To avoid this I want to add a message box which says "The
APP is already running, please close it before you install".
To do that I need to check if the process is running, something like
FindProcDLL.
So is there a way to run the NSIS command in the cpack before the actual
installation.

When I use CPACK_NSIS_EXTRA_INSTALL_COMMANDS the windows OS errors come up,
but the message box comes up only after the installation.

Please advice
Thanks!