[CMake] Automatic out of source build's possible?

Martin O'Brien martin.matthew.obrien at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 04:56:26 EST 2011

I understand, but that's still a custom version for my purposes, at least
for the time being.

I definitely can't rely on the people who are complaining about having to do
the -D... to have the correct version installed, or even to recognize when
they don't, probably, and if I give them this option, they're going to write
scripts that depend on it.  The basic problem is that although the users in
question think of themselves as developers, they're really not.  They're
more IT'ish, involved in doing things like configuring continuous
integration servers, and I already get calls over things like
CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED() that they really ought to be able to figure out on
their own.

That being said, how would I go about this?  If some sort of patch were
accepted, in time, I might be able to do this, once everybody upgraded.

mm