[CMake] Specifying separate paths for .lib and .dll files on Windows

Prashanth Udupa prashanth.udupa at gmail.com
Mon May 31 07:14:55 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have a library project that I am generating the build system for
using CMake. I would like to have the .lib file generated in one
directory and the .dll file in another directory. Right now I am using
a construct as follows

SET(LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH
    ${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/bin CACHE
    PATH "Single output directory for building all libraries." FORCE)

While .dll files show up in PROJECT_SOURCE/bin, .lib files show up
within PROJECT_SOURCE/bin/Debug or Release directory. How can I set
the path of the .lib file to PROJECT_SOURCE/lib?

Can someone please throw a few hints for me please?

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Prashanth N Udupa