[CMake] Build on one machine, test on multiple

Martin Apel martin.apel at simpack.de
Fri May 28 02:34:25 EDT 2010

Hi Alok,

the problem is not to start the testing process remotely. In my case
it's no problem simply setting up the Windows task planner to execute
some script every night. The problem is more, how do I tell ctest to
perform its tests without having to perform the complete build as well.
I would probably need to copy both the complete source as well as the
binary directory from the build to the test machines and then have a
ctest script execute only the test and submit steps. For the binary
directory to be usable this would either require the directories being
under the same path on all machines or to modify the files in the build
directory somehow, so the paths are correct with respect to the test
machine.

Regards,

Martin

--

Martin Apel
Software Architect
E-Mail:  martin.apel at simpack.de

SIMPACK AG
Friedrichshafener Strasse 1, 82205 Gilching, Germany
info at simpack.de, www.simpack.com
Phone: + 49 8105 77266-0
Fax:   + 49 8105 77266-11

Executive Board: Dr. Alexander Eichberger, Dr. Lutz Mauer
Chair of Supervisory Board: Silvia Förster (CPA)
Commercial Register München HRB 181 229