[CMake] CMAKE -- compiling questions

Lucian Goron luciangoron at gmail.com
Thu May 20 04:58:58 EDT 2010

I now have lucid lynx and I am struggling to get my old code to work on this
system
anyway, when I compile some of it I get:

lucian at schwarz:~/work/ransac$ make
Linking CXX executable elevationMap
CMakeFiles/elevationMap.dir/home/lucian/work/common/CommonVTKRoutines.cc.o:
In function `Create2xRenderWindowAndInteractorMovie(vtkRenderer*,
vtkRenderer*, char const*, char const*, int, int, int)':
CommonVTKRoutines.cc:(.text+0xa720): undefined reference to
`vtkFFMPEGWriter::New()'
CMakeFiles/elevationMap.dir/home/lucian/work/common/CommonVTKRoutines.cc.o:
In function `Create4xRenderWindowAndInteractorMovie(vtkRenderer*,
vtkRenderer*, vtkRenderer*, vtkRenderer*, char const*, char const*, int,
int, int)':
CommonVTKRoutines.cc:(.text+0xad84): undefined reference to
`vtkFFMPEGWriter::New()'
CMakeFiles/elevationMap.dir/home/lucian/work/common/CommonVTKRoutines.cc.o:
In function `CreateRenderWindowAndInteractorMovie(vtkRenderer*, char const*,
char const*, int, int, int)':
CommonVTKRoutines.cc:(.text+0xb6e3): undefined reference to
`vtkFFMPEGWriter::New()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [elevationMap] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/elevationMap.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
lucian at schwarz:~/work/ransac$

I know, I have a problem with the ffmpeg library...
But my questions is, in someway very stupid, related to the

(.text+0xa720)

part, what does it mean, wasn't it supposed to show me the line number where
the error occurs in

/home/lucian/work/common/CommonVTKRoutines.cc

how can I see the line numbers ?

--
MSc., Eng. Lucian GORON, PhD. Student
Robotic Research Group, Technical University of Cluj-Napoca
lucian.goron at aut.utcluj.ro
rrg.utcluj.ro