[CMake] VS-C++ Express Version

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri May 14 10:53:05 EDT 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 8:02 AM, Philip Lowman <philip at yhbt.com> wrote:

> This is Microsoft's fault.  You should complain to them.

Well, yes and no. It's a Visual Studio 2010 only thing... And it's partly
CMake's fault. The *.filters files are presently unconditionally re-written
at CMake time. We have a fix for that part of it that will be in the next
release of CMake. (It's not even in git master, yet, though.) I'll push it
today.

And the reload macros are not working as well as they did in prior Visual
Studio versions. This is a VS change that we have not figured out yet how to
compensate for...

> The only workaround for VS Express is to close your solution and run CMake
> manually then open your solution back up again.
>
> The problem doesn't affect VS Professional (and I believe Standard) because
> they have support for macros which CMake takes advantage of to reload all of
> the VS project files without a lot of user interaction.

The *.filters problem affects all versions of Visual Studio 2010. The fix
will be in git master later today.

Thanks,
David Cole