[CMake] VS-C++ Express Version

Micha Renner Micha.Renner at t-online.de
Fri May 14 07:55:24 EDT 2010

There are some things in the cooperation of CMake and the Visual Studio
Express-version, which which bothers me.

Each change in a CMakeLists.txt file results in a message of VS Express
like this: "The filter file of your project changed outside VS! Do you
want reload it?"

I could live with this, but this message is presented also for
sub-projects whose CMakeLists.txt file was not changed.

Let say one have a project with 5 sub-projects with one target. A change
of one CMakeLists.txt results in the five-fold display of the message
above plus the display for ALL_BUILD, RUN_TESTS, INSTALL and uninstall.
This means I have to confirm 9 times that I want to reload the filter
file of the projects.

That is too much.

More worse: If the the projects have more then one target, you have to
confirm the reload of the filter files for each target.

Greetings
Micha