[CMake] Unable to find FLTK on debian sid

Gary Briggs chunky at icculus.org
Sat May 8 12:28:17 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 01:16:43PM -0400, Gary Briggs wrote:
> I've been working on getting my software that uses FLTK and cmake
> packaged up for debian. I'm using pbuilder with a sid distro, and this
> is my entire build log [including installing libfltk1.1-dev, fluid,
> cmake, etc]:
> http://icculus.org/~chunky/stuff/buildlog.txt

It turns out that the problem was a missing dependency, but in a fairly
oblique manner; FindFLTK.cmake searches for the opengl libraries in your
system for fltk_gl, but is silent if it couldn't find it, and instead
just claims that FLTK couldn't be found.

Because I don't use opengl in these programs, I hadn't listed it as a
dependency, so pbuilder didn't install it.

I resolved this by setting the variables that tell cmake to ignore
FLTK_FORMS, FLTK_GL, and FLTK_IMAGE [detailed in the FindFLTK.cmake
package]. I don't remember those being there last time I looked, so I
assume they're a 2.8 invention.

Gary (-;