[CMake] Configure Mac OS X for 32-bit

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon May 3 12:02:11 EDT 2010

On Sat, 1 May 2010 23:15:03 -0700, Tron Thomas said:

>It looks like:
>set (CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES "i386 ppc")
>
>will build a universal binary for a debug build on any platform.  How
>can someone configure things so that Xcode will build a platform
>specific debug version that is 32-bit?

Forgive me if this is obvious, but: it's ok if your debug build is a
universal binary also.  Yes it increases your build time (which granted
could be long) but it's quite valid to have universal debug versions.

Also, don't use -m32, -arch is the correct way.

What you need is a way to have different values of
CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES in Debug and Release.  If CMake doesn't support
this, it would make a good feature request.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com