[CMake] Configure Mac OS X for 32-bit

Tron Thomas tron.thomas at verizon.net
Sun May 2 11:41:21 EDT 2010

Before when I was using an earlier version of CMake, it would configure
the project to build a 32-bit version of all the project target's
regardless of which version of Mac OS X I was using.  It would also
build just the platform specific version of the targets for a debug build.

Now that I have upgraded to CMake version 2.8.1, CMake wants to
configure the project's targets to build for 64-bit on Mac OS X 10.6.

The only way I've found so far to make Mac OS X 10.6 build 32-bit, is to
modify the CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES to include i386.  However, if I set
CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES to only i386, then it will build create an Intel
version of all targets when I build on a PowerPC system.  That means I
won't be able to run and test the targets on that platform.

I'm trying to get things back to where they were before I upgraded to
CMake 2.8.1.  I want it to configure Xcode to build 32-bit targets, with
architecture specific version for debug builds.

How can someone accomplish this?