[CMake] Is there really any cmake support?

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 04:03:38 EDT 2010

On 29. Mar, 2010, at 9:51 , Fred Fred wrote:

>> Subject: Re: [CMake] Is there really any cmake support?
>> From: themiwi at gmail.com
>> Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:55:44 +0200
>> CC: cmake at cmake.org
>> To: stan1313 at hotmail.fr
>>

>> On 28. Mar, 2010, at 18:09 , Fred Fred wrote:
>>
>>> [snip]
>>
>>> What I do not understand is why would cmake use non ASCII characters? Since my path is in ASCII (at least I hope that a mkdir command with non-accentuated characters does not generate non ASCII paths!) and I checked all the paths in the cmake configuration editor, I do not understand where a problem may arise.
>>

>> Now, that seems to be a different problem... What is your operating system, your compiler etc.? If on Windows, are you using Cygwin or MinGW/MSYS? Also, please post the error message you get.
>
> I use Cygwin and MinGW on a virtual machine with XP and g++.
> Joint to this message are 2 screen captures of the cmake screen.

That won't work! Either use the compilers that come with cygwin (just launch the installer again and select gcc4-g++ for installation) or use the native Windows CMake version.

The problem in your case is, that the MinGW g++ compiler doesn't understand what /cygdrive/c means, that's only a Cygwin convention.

Michael