[CMake] [ANNOUNCE] CMake has moved to Git!

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Feb 22 14:03:00 EST 2010

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Monday 22 February 2010, Brad King wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> Kitware has moved to distributed version control for CMake in order to
>> better engage our growing community of developers and users.
>
> "cvs diff" still works here. How long will this still be available (read-only
> I guess) so that I don't loose my local changes before switching everything
> to git on my machine ?

I made one commit in the CVS repository that will not be moved to Git.
It just adds a fatal error message to the top-level CMakeLists.txt file
that links to the new instructions on the download page.

The rest of the tree will stick around for a while.  The last version
that was moved to Git was tagged with "CMake-CVS-Final" in CVS.

-Brad