[CMake] CMake 2.8.1 RC 3 is ready to try

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Mon Feb 22 13:12:12 EST 2010

On 2010-02-22 08:35-0500 Brad King wrote:

> I cannot reproduce this.  I have a simple project:
>
>  # CMakeLists.txt
>  cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)
>  project(Foo Fortran)

I don't have access to Cygwin myself, but as a convenience for more Cygwin
testing by you and Arjen, I put together a simple test project that detects
Fortran identically to how it is done in PLplot except I haven't bothered
with our soft-landing code to deal with missing/broken Fortran compilers.

If the Cygwin results from this test are fine, than obviously there is more
work for Arjen and me to figure out what is the essential difference between
this test project and the full PLplot build.  However, because this simple
test is so similar to what PLplot does, I would be very surprised if this
test doesn't reproduce the Cygwin error seen for the full PLplot project
both for Brad and Arjen.

Please see the attached tarball.  It includes all our current Fortran support
files, and the logic for deciding the CMAKE_MODULE_PATH that I posted
to this list just previously.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).