[CMake] Missing Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\vsmacros\OtherProjects7

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Feb 22 11:46:37 EST 2010

Sorry to hear about these troubles, Fred, but it seems like this must be
fairly unique to your machine for some reason. I've literally never heard
anybody else report this error message before.

Where did your SP1 installer come from?

This output is safe to ignore, if you like. Or, you can make your own build
of cmake that eliminates the output. I don't think we want to change the
official cmake build to get rid of this error message, because it does
indicate that there is something up with the machine... The question is:
what?

The only downside in terms of cmake functionality is that Visual Studio will
not present the "all-in-one" reload prompt via its CMake installed macros
when an input CMakeLists.txt file changes... Other than that, everything
should work as usual.

HTH,
David