[CMake] Missing Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\vsmacros\OtherProjects7

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Feb 19 15:43:45 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Wheeler, Frederick W (GE, Research) <
wheeler at ge.com> wrote:

> > From: Michael Jackson
> > Is this the "Express" version of Visual Studio? Visual Studio
> > Express does NOT support the macros.
>
> Not express.  I'm using "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional
> Edition"

Looking at the CMake source code, it does not appear that there is any way
to suppress those "error opening key" messages... If all you want to do is
suppress the messages, you could build your own cmake, editing the source
code to eliminate the messages. They are all coming from
Source/cmGlobalVisualStudioGenerator.cxx.

What's the history of the machine? Could somebody have manually deleted
those registry keys?

With the Pro Edition of VS, those keys should definitely be there. Perhaps a
full uninstall / re-install will correct the situation.

HTH,
David