[CMake] Static library issues.

Surya Kiran Gullapalli suryakiran.gullapalli at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 08:37:01 EST 2010

Hello all,
I'm using CMake-2.8 on winxp with Visual Studio 2005 generator.

lets say I've a dll created (A.dll) from some cxx files and a static library
static.lib

So I call Link_Directories to specify the directory where the static library
is located.
Now A.dll is built fine.

Now I want B.dll built from some cxx sources, A.lib (the import lib of
A.dll)

Now when I say Target_Link_Libraries for (B A), the project file is created
with static.lib also as a dependency.
Now B has two dependencies A and static.lib. But I'm not adding the
directory of static.lib to Link_Directories for B and my build fails.

I do not think B needs to know about static.lib

Any Ideas how to avoid this ?

Thanks in advance,
Surya