[CMake] BundleUtilities example not working under Windows?

Crni Gorac cgorac at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 16:27:54 EST 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 9:39 PM, Crni Gorac <cgorac at gmail.com> wrote:

>   [ ... ]
>
> My project is not that important at the moment, as the QtTest example
> from the Wiki page I mentioned above is not working. When I run CPack
> after building this project (once again: am using CMake 2.8.3, on a
> Windows 7 Professional machine, and with LGPL version of Qt SDK
> installed), the output looks OK:
> C:\Users\Crni\Desktop\QtTest-build>cpack -G NSIS
> CPack: Create package using NSIS
> CPack: Install projects
> CPack: - Run preinstall target for: QtTest
> CPack: - Install project: QtTest
> CPack: Create package
> CPack: - package:
> C:/Users/Crni/Desktop/QtTest-build/QtTest-0.1.1-win32.exe gener
> ated.
> However, corresponding Qt libraries (QtCore and QtGui) are not put in,
> so when I install this program on another Windows machine, with no Qt
> installed, it doesn't work.

Just an additional notice: I just discovered "--verbose" flag of
CPack, and it could be that the reason for fixup_bundle() not being
able to find dependencies is that I don't have dumpbin installed -
namely, I've noticed following warnings in CPack verbose output:
"CPack Verbose: warning: could not find 'dumpbin' - cannot analyze
prerequisites...".

But - if I configured the project with:
   cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles"
shoudn't then CPack know to use objdump to analyze dependencies?