[CMake] BundleUtilities example not working under Windows?

Crni Gorac cgorac at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 15:39:57 EST 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Tyler Roscoe <tyler at cryptio.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 07:11:36PM +0100, Crni Gorac wrote:
>> Am trying to employ fixup_bundle(), in order to be able to create
>> installers for my Qt-dependent application on Mac and Windows.  I have
>> it working fine under Mac, but on Windows it is not working either
>> with my application, or by example from CMake Wiki pages:
>> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/BundleUtilitiesExample.  Namely, Qt DLL are
>> not included in the installer; what is strange is that example project
>> from above page manages to have Qt plugins included (my project is not
>> using plugins).  So - any help here, is this example maybe outdated or
>> something else (am using CMake 2.8.3)?
>
> It's impossible to say what's going wrong without details. What does the
> output from fixup_bundle look like? How do you call fixup_bundle from
> your CMakeLists?

My project is not that important at the moment, as the QtTest example
from the Wiki page I mentioned above is not working. When I run CPack
after building this project (once again: am using CMake 2.8.3, on a
Windows 7 Professional machine, and with LGPL version of Qt SDK
installed), the output looks OK:
C:\Users\Crni\Desktop\QtTest-build>cpack -G NSIS
CPack: Create package using NSIS
CPack: Install projects
CPack: - Run preinstall target for: QtTest
CPack: - Install project: QtTest
CPack: Create package
CPack: - package:
C:/Users/Crni/Desktop/QtTest-build/QtTest-0.1.1-win32.exe gener
ated.