[CMake] CMake 2.8.4 release scheduled for next month

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Dec 9 15:37:16 EST 2010

(copying a CMake developers email to the users list, just as an FYI to
all the CMake users out here...)

The CMake developers held a "bug triage" meeting yesterday, and here
are some notes about it:

We are still planning to start the release candidate cycle for CMake
2.8.4 on Wed. Jan. 12, 2011. Because of that, all changes to be
considered for inclusion in the -rc1 build should be pushed to the
stage and merged to 'next' before the nightly start time on the
evening of Mon. Jan. 10, 2011.

Assuming changes are in by that time, and they all pass the 'Nightly
Expected' dashboard the next day, Brad and I will merge them into
'master' on Tues. Jan. 11. Then, we'll be ready to build the rc1 on
Wed., assuming nothing alarming in the 'Nightly 2.8 Release' dashboard
section.

After that point, we will not accept further changes for CMake 2.8.4
except for fixes for regressions and crashes.

Closed:
=====================
We closed these because they are fixed long ago, they no longer apply,
or we're just never going to do them:

Deferrals:
=====================
We decided to defer the following bugs to a future release because
there is not enough time left to complete them before the scheduled
date:

Still in progress:
The remainder of the bugs that are still targeted for potential
inclusion in 2.8.4 are listed on the roadmap:
 http://public.kitware.com/Bug/roadmap_page.php

Thanks to all who slogged through the bug list with us yesterday.
Looking forward to a solid 2.8.4 release first thing in 2011!

Cheers,
David