[CMake] Wiki: version compatibility matrix

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Sat Dec 4 12:26:37 EST 2010

On 2010-12-04 16:58+0100 Johannes Zarl wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The compatibility matrix for different versions of cmake is now complete and
> awaits review: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Version_Compatibility_Matrix
>
> Apart from factual errors and things I might have missed, I am also interested
> if someone has a better idea for embedding the comments: they make the tables
> broader than they need to be. Also, the wiki warns that the page might be to
> big for some browsers. Should the page be divided into subpages?
>
> If no one objects, I will add a link to the main-page under "Development
> Topics" by Wednesday next week (2010-12-08).

Wow! There is an enormous amount of detail there which should be quite
useful if reliable.  I suggest you comment on that page how you
obtained that detail so readers can judge for themselves how
trustworthy it is.  For example, if most of this was done using
automated scripts, then it would be nice if the source for those
scripts would be made available as well.

Out of curiosity I ran it through the validator at
http://validator.w3.org/.  The result was 13 errors. Ideally, the
error count should be zero showing complete compliance with web
standards.  Those 13 errors are probably due to issues in the software
used to generate the wiki page rather than something done by you.
Despite those errors, the page does appear to render well here
with konqueror.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).