[CMake] Support for multiple components in cpack

Chris Wolf cw10025 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 14:03:37 EDT 2010

On 8/9/10 12:11 PM, Kishore wrote:

>>> Thanks. It just tried this and it works as claimed. Later today, i will
>>> inspect the generated packages on a windows machine too.
>>
>> Do you have feedback on WIndows?
>
> I tried this on windows today and it works fine there too! :)
>
> While i was with a windows machine, i also noticed that with the NSIS
> installer, installation of libraries was not forced when applications alone
> was chosen. Also, i wonder if there is a way to set which components should be
> preselected. I guess I should just read the documentation first! :)

I am going to want this on MacOS.  However, on this page:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/CMake:Component_Install_With_CPack

A remark was added on 18 June, which reads:

    Also, as of the time of this writing, the extensions to CPack
    required to build component-based installers are only available
    via CMake CVS.

My version of CMake is 2.8.2, which I installed via an installer.  Does this mean
that in order to build a component-based (not monolithic) installer with
PackageMaker, that I need to checkout CMake and built from source?

...and if so, do I need to apply patches from:

Thanks,

   -Chris