[CMake] Support for multiple components in cpack

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 14:22:20 EDT 2010

2010/8/9 Chris Wolf <cw10025 at gmail.com>:

>>> Do you have feedback on WIndows?
>>
>> I tried this on windows today and it works fine there too! :)
>>
>> While i was with a windows machine, i also noticed that with the NSIS
>> installer, installation of libraries was not forced when applications alone
>> was chosen. Also, i wonder if there is a way to set which components should be
>> preselected. I guess I should just read the documentation first! :)
>
> I am going to want this on MacOS.  However, on this page:
>
> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/CMake:Component_Install_With_CPack
>
> A remark was added on 18 June, which reads:
>
>    Also, as of the time of this writing, the extensions to CPack
>    required to build component-based installers are only available
>    via CMake CVS.

June yes, but oldish June:  18 June 2008  :-)
Clearly the page needs an update :-)

> My version of CMake is 2.8.2, which I installed via an installer.  Does this mean
> that in order to build a component-based (not monolithic) installer with
> PackageMaker, that I need to checkout CMake and built from source?

Nope,
The PackageMaker seems to already support component installation
but apparently only for MacOS > 10.4:

from the code:
bool cmCPackPackageMakerGenerator::SupportsComponentInstallation() const
{
  return this->PackageCompatibilityVersion >= 10.4;
}

I leave the MacOS oriented support to other people because I didn't my hand
on a Mac for at least a decade :-)
--
Erk
http://www.april.org