[CMake] Yet another install() vs. exclude_from_all thread

Daniel Hornung daniel.hornung at ds.mpg.de
Tue Apr 27 03:24:28 EDT 2010

Hello everyone!

I tried to answer my question from reading the list archives, but it didn't
really help.

In a project, I have (all in one directory) one main target that should be (and
is) built with "make all" and several other targets which are added via
add_target(${some_name} EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL ...).  This all works very well, but is
there a way to add an installation target for those not-in-all targets?

Install(TARGET ${some_name} ... [OPTIONAL]) just emits warnings at cmake-time
that "CMake does not define behavior for this case."  And indeed "make install
${some_name}" compiles those targets fine but does not install them.

Could you please give me some hint on how to provide an installation rule for
non-standard targets?

Thanks,
Daniel

--
Daniel Hornung

Biomedical Physics Group
Max-Planck-Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization
Bunsenstr. 10
D-37073 Goettingen

(+49) 551 5176 368