[CMake] Cmake problem on nfs partition

Patrick Begou Patrick.Begou at hmg.inpg.fr
Mon Apr 19 13:03:34 EDT 2010

OK, I think I have found the problem after this holiday's week  ;-) .

It is not NFS nor autofs nor link related. The removing of the begining of my
path is hardcoded in cmake  :-( .

In cmake-2.8.1/Source/kwsys/SystemTools.cxx line 4646.

4645  // Work-around an SGI problem by always adding this mapping:
4646  SystemTools::AddTranslationPath("/tmp_mnt/", "/");

I'm not on SGI but my home directory is nfs automounted on:
 /tmp_mnt/hasources
lack of chance. And ALL the computers of the team are using this Path
to mount the home patition from a HA nfs server  :-(

Removing this line, cmake works fine.
This work-around code for a sgi bug is a little bit crazy but how possible is it
to change it for a better fix to make cmake safer ? This cmake bug can occur for
everybody using "/tmp_mnt" as a mount point....

Patrick

Ryan Pavlik wrote:
> [...]
/tmp_mnt/hasources/pillonm/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6/applications/utilities/postProcessing/graphics/PV3FoamReader/PV3FoamReader

"/hasources/pillonm/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.6/applications/utilities/postProcessing/graphics"

> > I am unsure, but for what it's worth I've built large CMake-based
> > projects, including cmake itself, on an NFS home directory (RHEL 5).
> >
> > Ryan

|  Equipe M.O.S.T.         | http://most.hmg.inpg.fr          |
|  Patrick BEGOU           |       ------------               |
|  LEGI                    | mailto:Patrick.Begou at hmg.inpg.fr |
|  BP 53 X                 | Tel 04 76 82 51 35               |
|  38041 GRENOBLE CEDEX    | Fax 04 76 82 52 71               |