[CMake] CMake & Matlab

Matt McCormick matt at mmmccormick.com
Fri Apr 16 18:14:39 EDT 2010

Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at ...> writes:

> > Either way, it is necessary to
> > build cmake from patched source.
> >

> All the changes in that patch are in the Modules directory.  So, no need
> to patch cmake.  Just create the changed files and use CMAKE_MODULE_PATH
> to point to the patched versions of the files.

I believe I had tried that, but it does not work.  I believe the culprit is (in
CMake-2.8.1 source:

CMakeDetermineCXXCompiler.cmake
141   CMAKE_DETERMINE_COMPILER_ID(CXX CXXFLAGS CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp)

CMakeDetermineCompilerId.cmake
72   FILE(READ ${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/${src}.in ID_CONTENT_IN)

The use of CMAKE_ROOT in those files prevent them from being overridden.

 I would be willing to
> move this into cmake if it had a maintainer, and that maintainer figured
> out how to do nightly tests that verify that this stuff works.

Unfortunately, I don't use Matlab much at all anymore, so I am hesitant to take
that responsibility.  Writing a test would not be that hard.  The Hello World
could be could.  The pain comes about keeping a Matlab license current and the
executable talking to their scheme.

Regards,
Matt

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ