[CMake] Subversion_WC_INFO and git svn

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Apr 9 11:35:28 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Arnaud Gelas
<Arnaud_Gelas at hms.harvard.edu>wrote:

> David,
>
> you're right Suversion_WC_INFO should only focus on svn working copy! Such
> kind of features should be included in a specific module (git-svn one for
> instance).
>
> I have just checked the documentation of git svn info which returns a lot
> of important information, but does not support yet git svn info
> --revision... So, I guess we should wait for this one...
>
> Now regarding Subersion_WC_INFO, could it be modified in such a way that if
> first check of a svn working copy, send a message status if not and return a
> default value ?
>
> Just want to make sure, this could be an "expected" behavior...

I think that might be useful... but it is not there in existing cmake
releases. So... if a project must use an existing cmake release, it needs to
add the check for the working copy (however it thinks best to implement such
a thing...) in its own source code.

Modifications to Subversion_WC_INFO should be filtered through its module
maintainer. If he thinks it's ok, then it's probably ok.

This page:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Module_Maintainers

...lists "tristan dot carel at gmail dot com" as the FindSubversion module
maintainer...

Let's see what he says.

David