[CMake] Subversion_WC_INFO and git svn

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Apr 9 11:14:46 EDT 2010

 Subversion_WC_INFO assumes an svn working copy tree, and it should remain
so.

In the case of using git svn, you should not use Subversion_WC_* macros as
you do not have an svn working copy tree...

The project code, if intending to support git svn checkouts, should be
adapted accordingly.

As git usage is new and upcoming on many projects nowadays, I expect that
some git supporting additions to the CMake Modules directory are in order.
Feel free to bounce ideas around here on the list. There is no significant
support for git (or hg or bzr) in there yet. It needs to be added. Patches,
as always, are welcome.

But.... I think the Subversion stuff should remain focused on svn and that
any git svn support should come in new git-aware Modules in the future.

HTH,
David