[CMake] CXX incorrectly includes CMakeFortranInformation.cmake for MinGW/MSYS/Wine

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Apr 5 13:50:05 EDT 2010

Alan W. Irwin wrote:

>> Have you run cmake --trace yet to figure out what is including what
>> and where?
>
> Yes, as alluded to above
> the complete result for cmake --trace --debug-output for
> a CMakeLists.txt file consisting of just
>
> project(test NONE)
> enable_language(CXX)
>
> was attached to my first post in this thread.  Part way through is starts
> accessing CMakeFortranInformation.cmake which is the source of the trouble.
>
> For your convenience I will attach that cmake output to this post as well.

OK, you are going to have to look at the C++ code to figure this out.

You will need to add some debug prints to this function:

void
cmGlobalGenerator::EnableLanguage(std::vector<std::string>const& languages,
                                   cmMakefile *mf, bool)

   for(std::vector<std::string>::const_iterator l = languages.begin();
       l != languages.end(); ++l)
     {

Seems that Fortran is getting into the list of enabled languages.

Might also want to put prints in cmEnableLanguageCommand
::InitialPass  and void
cmMakefile::EnableLanguage(std::vector<std::string> const &  lang,
                                bool optional)

-Bill