[CMake] CXX incorrectly includes CMakeFortranInformation.cmake for MinGW/MSYS/Wine

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Mon Apr 5 13:22:49 EDT 2010

On 2010-04-05 11:31-0400 Bill Hoffman wrote:

> Alan W. Irwin wrote:
>> On 2010-04-05 00:40-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:
>>
>>> On 2010-04-04 21:28-0400 John Drescher wrote:
>>>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> That idea of something leaking through from Linux to Wine to disrupt CMake
>>> might be possible [...] I hope the CMake developers can come up with
>>> some ideas about this hypothesis once they pinpoint exactly where things
>>> start to go wrong from my --trace results for an extremely simple project.
>>
>> Other clues I should have emphasized are that pure C and pure Fortran
>> simple
>> cases have no language interference issues at all.  Also if you combine C
>> and Fortran but exclude C++ for PLplot builds and tests, there are no such
>> language interference issues, and the tests look like they are working
>> fine.
>> So it appears that something is being done in the pure CXX case to trigger
>> the Fortran interference that is unique compared to the pure C and pure
>> Fortran cases.
>>

> Have you run cmake --trace yet to figure out what is including what and
> where?

Yes, as alluded to above
the complete result for cmake --trace --debug-output for
a CMakeLists.txt file consisting of just

project(test NONE)
enable_language(CXX)

was attached to my first post in this thread.  Part way through is starts
accessing CMakeFortranInformation.cmake which is the source of the trouble.

For your convenience I will attach that cmake output to this post as well.

Alan

Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).

Linux-powered Science