[CMake] debug with codeblocks project

Ryan Pavlik rpavlik at iastate.edu
Sun Apr 4 14:51:52 EDT 2010

Yes, the CodeBlocks generator in CMake is just an extension of the makefile
one (note that it's named "Code::Blocks - Unix Makefiles") so the same thing
applies: set CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE as desired. In general, when using a
CMake-generated project file, if you need to change a project setting, do it
in CMake rather than your IDE, since the CMake settings are the master ones
used to generate the IDE data.

Ryan

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 5:38 AM, AKHRES Nader <nader.akhres at laposte.net>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I still have issue to compil with debug info in codeblocks project
> (generated by cmake).
> When I set the "-g" options in codeblocks gui, it seems to have no effect
> (but I manage to get it somehow by cleaning/rebuilding but can't reproduce).
>
> If I've understood (could someone confirm that?), with make generated by
> cmake, I have to generate one project for debug (with CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE set
> to Debug) and one for release?
> Is it the same for codeblocks?
>
> Nad
>
> ps: issue is the same with both windows and linux and even with minimal
> project

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Ryan Pavlik
HCI Graduate Student