[CMake] Has anybody tried to use CMake to build software on the MinGW/MSYS/Wine platform?

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Fri Apr 2 21:34:42 EDT 2010

On 2010-04-02 08:38+0200 Eric Noulard wrote:

> 2010/4/2 Alan W. Irwin <irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca>:
> [..]
>>
>> I feel this platform has revolutionary potential.
>
> [...lengthy interesting post ...]
>
> May be you two can Wiki-fied your experimental story such that
> it would be easier to reproduce [and sometimes update] the procedure?

Yes, I plan to do that (hopefully with some help from Clint).  But I will
wait until I accumulate some more experience with this development platform
(only a few days into it at this point).

Also, could I have some input from those who have contributed to the CMake
wiki as to the best place for discussion of the MinGW/MSYS Wine platform?
Currently, "search" indicates there is no mention of Wine anywhere, and
MinGW mentions are scattered all over the place.

Another alternative, of course, is to put the MinGW/MSYS/Wine story into
the PLplot wiki.

Meanwhile, I hope my preliminary story here inspires others who use CMake
for MinGW/MSYS builds and tests on Windows to try that same build and test
on Wine-1.1.41.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).