[CMake] Feature request for link_directories

Anatoly Shirokov shirokov_a at mail.ru
Wed Sep 30 04:53:11 EDT 2009

According to the documentation include_directories has the following syntax:
include_directories([AFTER|BEFORE] [SYSTEM] dir1 dir2 ...)

Especially AFTER and BEFORE are very usefull, when the search order is
important.

I was suprised when I did not find the AFTER and BEFORE in the
link_directories command.
This feature is important for us, because we use Windows SDK and want to
link to its libraries instead of Visual Studio. But in fact CMake puts
our link directories after the Visual Studio's. As the result our
applications link to wrong libraries.

Is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance,
Anatoly Shirokov.