[CMake] Location of manifest files on Windows

Marcus Sindermann Marcus.Sindermann at simpack.de
Thu Sep 24 03:45:53 EDT 2009

Hi!

We have a problem with the location of the generated manifest files on Windows.
The manifests are generated in different directories when using the Visual Studio generator or the NMake Makefiles
generator. For the Visual Studio generator the manifests are generated in the same directory like the object files.
So in the Visual Studio project properties the MANIFESTFILE option is set to $(IntDir)\$(TargetFileName).intermediate.manifest.
But for the NMake case the manifests are generated in the same directory like the dlls. So I think that this is the
CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY.

In our case the Visual Studio way is the right location for the manifest files.
So is there any way with cmake to set the directories where the manifest files should be generated?

Bye Marcus