[CMake] Installing .apps using PackageMaker

Benne, Kyle Kyle.Benne at nrel.gov
Wed Sep 23 17:01:40 EDT 2009

Hello Everyone,

I am attempting to make a package for OS X using CPack.  One of the items I am installing is a .app bundle that is generated in an external project (not CMake).

I am trying to install the .app with an INSTALL(DIRECTORY ....) command and adjusting the permissions as required.   The problem is that the .app is configured in PackageMaker as a component with "Allow Relocation" turned on.  I'm not entirely familiar with the details of this feature, but it appears that it detects if the app is installed on my system and simply overwrites or upgrades the application.  On my development machine the app is of course already in a build directory so it appears the installer is simply overwriting it.

I would prefer to generate the package with "allow relocation" turned off.  Does anyone know if Cpack allows access to this feature?

Kind Regards,

Kyle