[CMake] multiple cmake files in one directory

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Wed Sep 23 11:27:08 EDT 2009

On 09/23/2009 09:05 AM, th.tom at gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this thread got a bit off topic, so I try to focus that again, as I tried a lot of things, but didn't get it to run:
>
> In the end I would like to have some (lets say 10) packages (Installer bundles, which I can create with cpack) with several executables and libraries. My example over-simplify the problem as I have nearly 60 subdirectories which are all placed into one single CVS repository. One package or "Project" needs sources from a number of subdirectories. One subdirectory is definitivly bound to one project, so there is no overlapping here.
>
> What I tried at last was that I created all the projects within the root CMakeLists.txt file. But this does not make cpack create more than one installer package.
>
> Any ideas about that? Beyond the idea of refactoring the whole project (what is only an option for the far future)

I see in CPack.cmake the variable CPACK_INSTALL_CMAKE_PROJECTS.
Have you tried playing with that to create an installer for each project?
Or have you tried setting CPACK_OUTPUT_CONFIG_FILE for each project and
including CPack.cmake for each project?  Maybe you can run cpack on each
project that way.

Clint