[CMake] Resolution of dependencies for Subversion

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 22 03:10:01 EDT 2009

> You mean that you have FindSubversion.cmake as part of your
> CMake installation?

Yes. - The configuration script is a part of the package "cmake 2.6.4-29.2" from the openSUSE build service.

> I don't see any variables defined with those names in the module you
> linked above. What is the question here?

Does a configuration script exist which will define all required variables and corresponding data structures for the build process?

> Now I'm really confused. Are you trying to use CMake to build a
> Subversion addon of some sort?

I do not want to develop an add-on. But I would like to create a little program for my own purposes that is based on the application programming interface like it is described in the document "Using the APIs - Chapter 8. Developer Information".
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch08s02.html

Would you like to recommend any ways to resolve the additional software dependencies for the Apache Portable Runtime library?
FIND_PACKAGE(APR REQUIRED)
FIND_PACKAGE(APRUtil 1.3 REQUIRED)

How are the chances that another improved script will be added to the available modules?
http://fisheye.freeswitch.org/browse/FreeSWITCH/cmake_modules/FindAPRUtil.cmake

> If so, I don't think that's what FindSubversion is for. It looks like
> FindSubversion is for running the svn executable during builds in a
> CMake-friendly way.

Its header contains the comment "Extract information from a subversion working copy". Should the functionality be extended so that variables will also be defined with the suffix "_INCLUDES" and "_LIBS" for compiling and linking like they are provided by other scripts?

Regards,
Markus