[CMake] cmake 2.6.4 won't find boost 1.40 on windows

Ingolf Steinbach ingolf.steinbach at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 18 17:34:39 EDT 2009

2009/9/18 John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>:
> It's difficult on windows since there is no standard location for
> stuff like this.

Seconded.

> What is the FindBoost to do search all paths that
> are valid for the current user?

Nevertheless, there *are* some hard-coded paths in FindBoost
(C:\boost, %ProgramFiles%\boost being among them). I think those are
sufficiently "standard" that FindBoost could try a bit harder in
searching them -- especially when one of these folders does exist in
the file system. But part of the problem is probably the Boost
documentation not recommending some reasonable choices of destinations
for the installation,

Ingolf