[CMake] cmake 2.6.4 won't find boost 1.40 on windows

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 17:07:24 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Ingolf Steinbach
<ingolf.steinbach at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2009/9/18 John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>:
>> You set BOOST_ROOT in your windows environment variables.
>
> Sorry, but I'd consider this just a workaround.
>
> From the discussion in this thread, I have the impression that the
> only purpose of setting the BOOST_ROOT environment variable is to tell
> FindBoost what the module should be able to do on its own: "find
> Boost". IOW: If I have to tell cmake which exact version I am looking
> for and where this version is installed, why would I want to FindBoost
> at all?

It's difficult on windows since there is no standard location for
stuff like this. A lot of people dump this on C:\ but that is
definitely not where I have any source code or libraries. This is not
even on C: at all. What is the FindBoost to do search all paths that
are valid for the current user?

John