[CMake] Xcode paths not turning out right

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 20:48:35 EDT 2009

Hello,
I'm using the latest (as of now) CMake build from CVS head. I noticed that
when I specify a source file like so:

/Users/imac/work/redsword/projects/foobar/mysource.mm

XCode actually thinks it is here:

/Users/imac/work/redsword/projects/foobar/projects/foobar/mysource.mm

And when I right click on that file in Xcode and go to "Get Info", the file
says it is "projects/foobar/mysource.mm" and the path says
"/Users/imac/work/redsword/projects/foobar". So more than likely it is
concatenating these two to form a supposedly absolute path, but it is doing
it wrong. I tested the very same CMake script with Visual Studio 9 output,
and it works just fine.

The goal here is to try to build Xcode projects for building iPhone apps. My
CMake logic for producing projects is rather complex, which is why I am
hesitant to post it here. But basically I'm taking the exact path above and
passing it into add_executable like so:

add_executable( foobar MACOSX_BUNDLE
"/Users/imac/work/redsword/projects/foobar/mysource.mm" )

---------
Robert Dailey