[CMake] Runtime output directory inconsistencies

Tyler Roscoe tyler at cryptio.net
Sun Sep 13 12:14:46 EDT 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 09:19:52PM -0700, stefan) wrote:
> The only problem is that on some platforms/setups (vc9, xcode with
> bundles) cmake thinks it's a good idea to append a "Release" or
> "Debug" to the path. For obvious reasons I would really like to

CMake is not the one doing this; the IDEs do. They basically have to,
since the build type is not known until the user picks it from a
dropdown, so there's no other way for the IDE to insure that your debug
and release binaries don't clobber each other.

> prevent this. Is there a way of doing this without kludging the target
> names? The only solution I found was to prefix the target/output-file
> names with "../"

I use the prefix hack.

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=8243

tyler