[CMake] Runtime output directory inconsistencies

stefan) stefan at nortd.com
Sun Sep 13 00:19:52 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have another question. I am trying to control the output directory
of my executable. I use the following code and it works almost
perfect:

SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES( ${EXAMPLE_NAME} PROPERTIES
	RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY  ${BINARY_DESTINATION_PATH}
)

The only problem is that on some platforms/setups (vc9, xcode with
bundles) cmake thinks it's a good idea to append a "Release" or
"Debug" to the path. For obvious reasons I would really like to
prevent this. Is there a way of doing this without kludging the target
names? The only solution I found was to prefix the target/output-file
names with "../"

Any better ideas?

Thanks a lot,
Best,