[CMake] RVCT support

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Thu Sep 10 12:06:31 EDT 2009

On Thursday 10 September 2009, Darren ha wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>wrote:
> > 2009/9/10 Darren ha <nberserk at gmail.com>:
> > > hi list!!
> > >
> > > i do like the concept of cmake. so I wanna use it as our main build
> >
> > system.
> >
> > > so i surveyed it  and discovered there is no support for RVCT(armcc,
> > > armlink  ...).
> > >
> > > Due to lack of organized documentation, It was hard to write new
> >
> > toolchain
> >
> > > file & rules.
> >
> > Alex will certainly answer to you but, concerning "organized
> > documentation" did you read that one:
> > http://vtk.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling
> >
> > yes , I've read that article.

Your issue is indeed more a toolchain-issue than a cross compiling issue. Brad
is the expert for that, but I think I should be able to help too...

> in RVCT world, the compilation flag are totally different compared to gcc ,
> cl(MSVC compiler).
> so many compile, link flags are have to be set manually.
> With provided documents, I can't set up entire flags easily.

Ok, we need more information...

This is what cmake 2.6 does when invoked initially:
$ cmake ..
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info

How far did you get this working with your toolchain ?

Alex