[CMake] Patch for FindBoost.cmake

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Sep 8 16:34:23 EDT 2009

On 08.09.09 13:47:56, Joseph Garvin wrote:
> Without this patch FindBoost.cmake will look for the wrong filenames
> when linking against a release build of boost. For debug it looks for
> the correct names, but for release it adds spurious hyphens. It looks
> like the hyphens used to be necessary, then the code changed and
> someone changed debug to match to the change but forgot to update
> release.
>
> I'd love to see this in 2.6.5 so I don't have to ship a
> FindBoost.cmake replacement with my app :P

I don't see why this patch would be necessary. The
boost_(MULTITHREAD|STATIC|ABI|COMPILER) variables already start with a
hyphen, so your patch will add 2 hyphens to the names that are being
searched.

There's a difference between the debug and the release find_library
calls, but thats just adding _boost_ABI_TAG in the debug-case.

This is with CMake from the 2.6 branch

Andreas

--
It may or may not be worthwhile, but it still has to be done.