[CMake] HP NonStop porting issues?

Lucas Thode ljthode at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 00:06:31 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 8:40 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>wrote:

> Eric M. LaFranchi wrote:
>

>> Unable to find a cmake port for the HP-NonStop platform, I am working
>> though the details of porting using cmake-2.8.0 source.
>>
>>  What is HP-NonStop?

Having worked with the platform a bit, I'll give you a primer.  The NonStops
are high-reliability, mainframe-ish servers used for systems (such as ATMs
and 911 call centers) that just can't go down.  However, their operating
system is close to a relic, especially if you are using the native mode
(Guardian) as opposed to the Unix emulation (OSS).

>  A few issues, so far:
>>
>> 1. After the initial part of the bootstrap process, I changed
>> CMakeCache.txt to use the system curl (CMAKE_USE_SYSTEM_CURL:BOOL=ON).
>>
>>  Why not use the one that comes with CMake?
>
>    The socket link libraries were not found. This is not holding me up and
>> I hope to solve the issue so that I don't have to manually edit the
>> CMakeCache.txt   in the middle of the bootstrap process and then rerun
>> bootstrap.
>>
>> 2. Here is the more puzzling problem. Manually running the next phase of
>> the bootstrap, I get a link error because libdl.a (-ldl) is in the link
>> command and libdl doesn't exist on this system.
>>
> According to the Guardian Native C Library Calls Reference Manual, the RLD
library (zlrldsrl or zrlddll) implements dlopen() and friends.

>>   I am unable to locate the place in the code where (-ldl) can be removed
>> from the link command. Maybe someone can help me with this issue?
>>

> CMake calls dlopen in some places, so what happens if you just remove the
> -ld?

Yes, try that and see what happens; I don't know if zrld gets linked to
automatically or not.