[CMake] HP NonStop porting issues?

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Nov 18 21:40:31 EST 2009

Eric M. LaFranchi wrote:

> Unable to find a cmake port for the HP-NonStop platform, I am working
> though the details of porting using cmake-2.8.0 source.

What is HP-NonStop?

> A few issues, so far:
>
> 1. After the initial part of the bootstrap process, I changed
> CMakeCache.txt to use the system curl (CMAKE_USE_SYSTEM_CURL:BOOL=ON).

Why not use the one that comes with CMake?
>    The socket link libraries were not found. This is not holding me up
> and I hope to solve the issue so that I don't have to manually edit the
> CMakeCache.txt   in the middle of the bootstrap process and then rerun
> bootstrap.
>
> 2. Here is the more puzzling problem. Manually running the next phase of
> the bootstrap, I get a link error because libdl.a (-ldl) is in the link
> command and libdl doesn't exist on this system.
>
>    I am unable to locate the place in the code where (-ldl) can be
> removed from the link command. Maybe someone can help me with this issue?

CMake calls dlopen in some places, so what happens if you just remove
the -ld?

I don't suppose you can give me login on the machine...

I can help you do this, if you promise to submit nightly dashboards
after we get it working... :)

-Bill